Privacy & Cookies Policy
TRAILPARTS® is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ever ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
TRAILPARTS® may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 20th May 2010. (Revised 11th May 2018).
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- For the purposes of Live Chat, we may store your name, company and/or email address to streamline any Live Chat conversations you have with us. You are able to change or remove these any time you like in the Live Chat settings.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- If you have explicitly given consent to marketing, we may occasionally send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
Controlling your personal information
You have the following rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you:
- Access: you are entitled to request details of all the data we hold about you.
- Rectification: you are entitled to have any inaccurate information about you corrected on our system without undue delay.
- Erasure: you are entitled to have all the information we hold on you deleted. Please note this would result in all order history being removed, along with any warranty information, and any credit account you hold with us would be closed.
- Restriction of processing: in certain circumstances, you are entitled to request the restriction or suppression of your personal data, which means your data will not be deleted, but will not be used for any other purpose than you require until we are advised otherwise.
- Portability: you are entitled to obtain your personal data for your own purposes across different services. You can request that we transmit this data to another Data Controller if you wish.
- Object to processing: you are entitled to object to the processing of your data, such as disallowing it to be used for direct marketing if you have given us this consent previously.
- Automated decsion making: you are entitled to object to significant decisions, including profiling, from being made by automated means.
- Compensation: you are entitled to claim compensation for damages caused by infringement of the GDPR.
For further information on the above points, please view the Information Commissioner's Office website (link opens in new window).
In order to request further information on any of the above points, or to excercise any of your rights listed above, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, giving full details of what you require.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online and elsewhere.
We do not share your data with any third parties under any circumstances unless legally required to do so. The only exceptions are as follows:
- OGL Computer Services Group - software providers and backup solutions.
- Various carrier companies, currently mainly DPD and DX Freight - solely for the purposes of ensuring your goods are delivered successfully.
- Tawk.to Live Chat providers - the only information stored will be your name and/or company name, and your email address. This will be used solely to provide better service whenever you wish to use the Live Chat facility, and you have full access to this information via the Live Chat settings to remove or amend the details as you require. Ultimately the website will be adjusted so that you can turn off the cookies used to store this information if you require.
With your permission, the TRAILPARTS® shopping cart website will store small pieces of information on your device, known as cookies, to help us analyse how you are using our site and ultimately to help us improve your browsing experience on this website. They also keep track of your individual needs and desires and allow the web pages to respond to you as an individual.
Our cookies give us no further information and will not compromise your security. We will not sell or distribute any information about your company as detailed below, unless we are required by law to do so.
You may choose to enable or disable these cookies. Disabling them may mean that certain features of the website are not available to you.
Further updates will be provided to the Cookies Policy in the very near future, including full details of what cookies are used on our website and how you can turn them off if required.